Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

audio on my MacBook stoped working

The audio on my macbook suddenly stopped working. When I click on the audio adjuster, it won't even let me change the level (the little circle is white now, not blue).

But when I plug in headphones or an external speaker, everything works fine. I can once again adjust the audio and get sound

There was a red light eminating from the audio out jack for a while

The red light means your digital audio out has switched on. You can insert a plastic toothpick in the hole and try and switch it off. The switch should be at the 3 o'clock position and go towards the 6 o'clock position. Some people also have had luck inserting their headphone jack and pulling out a few times. Another recent report was that inserting the headphone jack and turning it in the hole helped.

pascal will be eternally grateful.