Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

How to repair the Magsafe i/o Board?

Does anyone have any ideas for repairing a damaged Magsafe i/o board for a Macbook Pro? I specifically have a early 2008 15" Model. I realize that I can replace the i/o board, but I would rather learn how to repair it if possible. Has anyone fixed one? Any thoughts on what might be damaged? I have no problem with desoldering and replacing components if it's cost-effective. These boards are all over ebay refurbished, so someone must know how to fix them. Your advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

This part can be had at some places for $6.50. I order them about four at a time. Yes, I have repaired them by cleaning but I've never seen one that needed to be re-soldered. I also don't cut my lawn with scissors although it could be done. A better use of your time might be on repairing high end video cards. Spending thirty minutes or an hour on a $150 to $350 card would seem like the way to go.

$6.50? Would you be kind enough to share a link to a site that has them for that price? That would be fantastic!

Josh will be eternally grateful.