MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2010

Released April 2010 / 2.4, 2.53 GHz Core i5 or 2.66, 2.8 GHz Core i7 Processors

Question Closed

Lid detaching from display

The "Device" box above will not allow me to type in 15" Unibody + Early 2010 for some reason?

Anyway, my problem is the lid is detaching from the screen at the bottom left hand corner.

Can you be more specific please? Do you mean that the screen glass is detaching?

by remacberlin

The aluminium lid is coming away from the LED screen and glass combination in the bottom left hand corner near the hinge. It is not just the glass. John

by John Mears

I have taken a photo of the bottom corner of my Macbook Pro 15 showing where the lid has partially detached from the back of the screen. However, I cannot see how to attache the picture here! John

by John Mears

John, your device is a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro, so I changed that for you. As for adding a picture, there is an orange Images tab at the bottom left of your screen. Click it to open the image tray, upload your picture(s), and then edit your question. Drag and drop your photo into the body of your question, and voila!

by David Hodson

you need to replace the rear LCD bezel. there is a bar that is glued to the rear bezel that the hinges mount to. I would assume that this is the problem but without pictures I can not tell for sure