1

Blake Fontaine
25

Has anyone actually put a CDMA back on a 4s?

Everyone is saying that the backs on the iPhone 4s are not interchangeable with those on Verizon or ATT iPhone 4. I have personally tried a custom back that fits CDMA and its fits the iphone 4s pretty well, in fact, perfect.

Has anyone who is saying it wont fit actually tried it? I have tried it with multiple CDMA iphone backs and they all seem to fit fine.

Blake Fontaine, just to clarify, you are saying that you placed a CDMA iPhone 4 back on a iPhone4s without difficulty?

Yes, i purchased my 4s directly from verizon just for reference... doubt it matters

Blake Fontaine,

That is really good to know and will help answering many questions on here. Great job...

And does the GSM iPhone 4 back fits on 4S ?

Phil,

Phil, since it was a CDMA back that Blake Fontaine used on his 4s. The CDMA will not fit the GSM phones, therefore I deduce that a GSM backing can not fit.

4

Alex Jansen

The CDMA panel mostly fits on to the 4S. The CDMA panel does not align perfectly, as you can see in the photo. But it is enough that it will screw in place, and won't interfere with the camera.

Note that the model numbers on the rear panel are not the same as the 4S.

click to view large

you can push it down further so it aligns perfectly

Blake Fontaine,

We tried it on two different iPhone 4S's and weren't able to on either. Even using the screws to pull it down wasn't enough for us.

Alex Jansen,

3

kaki2357
109

iPhone 4S supports both GSM (using Micro SIM! the "old" big SIM will not fit) and CDMA.

Source: iPhone Jailbreak and Unlock

1

grze
13

i did. works and fits perfectly. ir'a just the labels that are different

1

Ammitz
13

i just tryed to install my old GSM iPhone 4 back on my new GSM iPhone 4S, and its not gonna fit. the brackets on the back is not aligned the same.

Edited by: Ammitz ( )

That is because only a CDMA back will fit onto the 4s, all 4s no matter what carrier are all the same

Blake Fontaine,

0

rab777hp

The iPhone 4S is a world phone, so there are no cdma only or gsm only models. There is only one gsm+cdma model.

I was talking about I tried putting a CDMA iPhone 4 back onto an iPhone 4s and it fit

Blake Fontaine,

0

boo
169

We had a sprint 4s come into the shop today, and the cdma back did NOT fit. It is close but not good enough to give to a customer.