Apple announced the Retina MacBook 2015, model A1534, on March 9, 2015 to launch on April 10. It has a new unibody construction and includes an updated trackpad, keyboard, and Retina display.

Will a 2016/2017 used battery work on my 2015 MacBook?

I bought my Macbook at mid-2015, so naturally It’s battery is almost dead and I got the “Service battery” warning already.

I found someone selling an original battery, still glued to the bottom case, but I don’t know the year of the Macbook where that battery came from. Is it important?

I don’t know if there are incompatibilities between batteries from different years.

Thanks for the answers!

I finally changed my battery and everything is working perfect so far.

The backplate was not a 2015, and the battery was model A1705.

The only problem I had was that my motherboard wouldn’t fit the new bottom case, so I had to cut a piece of the frame that holds the motherboard to make it fit.

MacBook batteries as far as I know are all intercompatible, 2015-2017.

Most Helpful Answer

The A1527 Battery for Apple MacBook 12 Inch Retina will work in the A1534 2015 2016 Mid 2017

Agustin Campeny will be eternally grateful.