The Google Pixel 2 is Google's second flagship phone, released on October 17, 2017. The phone features a 5-inch AMOLED display and comes with 64 or 128 GB storage options. It is available in three colors: Just Black, Clearly White, and Kinda Blue.

Why does the screen keep lifting up?

I replaced the battery and display in my Pixel 2. Put everything back together, went great. Screen works.

BUT. The screen keeps lifting up. I used brand new adhesive and made sure all the old adhesive was removed. Took it apart, re-set everything again with new adhesive, but it still keeps lifting up.

It’s almost like either the battery itself is too thick, or the cable on the back of the new display is too thick? Has anyone else had this problem?

What adhesive did you use and did you do anything to “cure” it?

In my shop I use the black Tesa tape whether it’s pre-cut for a specific device or I use the rolls of adhesive. I’ll heat the device up with a heat gun and then use a few small Irwin Quick Grip clamps to apply pressure and it works really well. Also when you apply the adhesive, make sure you don’t touch it. The oils from your skin can have a negative affect on the adhesive. You can also try 3m adhesive promoter. But WHATEVER you do, for the love of God, DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE.

I used the pre-cut adhesive twice and the tesa tape once. I did not heat it up to cure it, though I did put a book on it overnight to try to get it to set. It was okay for a day and then after that no good.

Do you know if I should remove the black film on the backside of the replacement screen? Context here: How to Replace a Google Pixel 2 Screen (that should link you to my comment on the guide)

Thank you for your help!!

Raquel Smith will be eternally grateful.