These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you are having trouble diagnosing problems with the Google Pixel 2, visit our Troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
Announced and released in October 2017, the Google Pixel 2 comes in two models: the standard Google Pixel 2 and the Google Pixel 2 XL.
The Pixel 2 features a 16 M color-depth 5-inch AMOLED multitouch screen. It has a front glass, aluminum body and is certified dust and water resistant. The 12.2 MP dual pixel camera is what distinguishes the Pixel 2 from other devices.
Unique features and components:
- Always-on display: shows the time, notifications, and other important information even when the device has been locked
- Active edge: users can open google assistant by squeezing the phone
- Google lens: users can point the camera at any object and the phone will identify the object, pulling up information from the internet about that object
- Fingerprint sensor: the circle located in the center on the back of the phone allows users to use their unique fingerprint to unlock the device and access private files
There have been no manufacturer recalls for this device.
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB
- 5.0 Inch Display
- FHD AMOLED at 441 ppi
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Main Camera: 12.2 megapixel, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixels, Phase detection autofocus + laser detection autofocus
- Front Camera: 8 megapixel, f/2.4 aperture, 1.4 μm pixels, fixed focus
Ports and Connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Supports up to CAT 12 (600Mbps DL / 75Mbps UL) depending on carrier support
- USB Type-C
- USB 3.0
- Single Nano SIM
Battery: 2,700 mAh battery
Dimensions: 145.7 x 69.7 x 7.8 mm (5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 in)
Google: Official Page
Google Forums: Pixel User Community
Wikipedia: Google Pixel 2
Techradar: Google Pixel 2 Techradar Review