Complete disassembly and installation guides for most recent Mac laptops and consumer desktops.

Best image and data burning software for Apple/Mac

I think the title says it all. I am relatively new to Apple/Mac programs. I know what works well with Windows. Spent my life on the other side of the tracks. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Just use DiskUtility!

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Found out how to do what I want to do using the disk utility through the terminal.

Most Helpful Answer

Roxio Toast 11 is the very best: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/...

A good paid one is Roxio Toast. Picture it as a souped up Nero Burning Rom. I may also add it has a perfect integration with ElGato EyeTV, and since I use my Macbook as an HDD recorder when I'm not using it as an office/work laptop I also find it really useful.

I also have "Burn", as I'm a nut for opensource software and always keep a spare of everything. It's quite a nice application.

+ Thank you for your input. I've been hesitant about trying Roxio - Their products are problematic in the land of Windows. I'll give it a try after your input on the OS X operating system.

I’ve always used Simply Burns on Macs. It always works for me and has done so for years. It can be downloaded here.

It still appears to be supported with a update released in 2018.

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

ABCellars will be eternally grateful.