1

Adam
13

Screen extremely dim, Replaced screen assembly and same problem?

Iphone screen (I Thought) failed on my original unit. The screen still is functional but was nearly impossible to see (almost like a backlight failed).

I decided to order a new screen assembly from this site to give it a shot. I have installed the new screen… After replacement I still have the exact same problem as the original screen.

Basically it is like the screen is at 1% brightness… Almost impossible to see. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Edited by: Chris Cline ( )

Any update on fix to this issue?

chet,

Chet, Checkout my profile for the website address, the fix for 3Gs and Iphone 4 Backlight faults can be found there.

ajwwoodward,

i went to apple you need a new phone !@!!! not fixable

tj rooney,

@tj rooney,what did they tell you was broken? What have you tried to fix it? New LCD, 6R8coil, 109L IC, checked the traces on your logic board? You see, there are possibilities before saying that it is "not fixable"...

3

rab777hp

Sounds like it might be a logic board problem, which is difficult to repair and replace as well as expensive.

So i took it apart again and had a closer look. As it turns out the socket for the 3rd micro ribbon plug that connects the screen assembly to the MB had 3 burnt connections to the PCB. I re-soldered the pads under a microscope and now all is fine (for now). I wonder what could have caused this =[

Adam,

Looks like I have a spare screen now =p

Adam,

1

Brady Cabe

I would recommend unplugging the display and then plugging it back in to make sure the connection is good. If this does not solve the issue, I recommend a restore through iTunes to eliminate a software problem. If you are still experiencing problems, it may be your logic board.

0

macpatagon
347

When you say Screen I guess you are saying LCD right? Try Brady Cabe suggestion followed of an iPhone reset (hold down power and home button). If does not resolve the problem try to test with another LCD. It can be a complete Touch/LCD from an iPhone´s friend for example.

0

doantnhan1982
1

Hi

I have the same problem after my iphone flooded with water, I did some troubleshoot but no luck, flick back and fort bright adjustment without help, I reseted the phone several time, I opened an clean as much as possible with contact cleaner, no go, then I ordered the coil 6r8 and replaced it, still not good, finally I replaced the LCD but still dim, Look like my iphone is sick very badly, beside the dim screen, all function is working good, any suggestion to fix please.

it sounds like the connection between the 6r8 coil and the lcd is bad. you could try a jump wire from the coil to the connector 1..have a look on google/youtube for that as they explain it better and have video guides

pollytintop,

Thanks for your answer, I'll try that to rescue my iphone Cheer

doantnhan1982,

0

exitas
1

Hey,

I do have the same problem, my phone just got steam of water, i was browsing it and puff... screen suddenly turned on dim....tried to check the connections and stuff..no luck

0

Phil Rhoads
1

I just changed my digitizer and found I had a dim screen afterward. I have changed digitizers many times and have worked on radios for 30 years so I am at least as well versed as most techs in the field. I have ruled out poor workmanship is what I am saying. I don't expect it to be the LCD as it seems to be the back light. I am going to try a new LCD however to be sure. I will post any fix I find but am open to all suggestions. I guess it could be logic board as some have suggested.

BTW I have checked the 6R8 coil and it has continuity so I don't think that is the problem. My Water indicators are still white also.

Phil Rhoads,