5

tokyo2ooo
61

Which of the three Mainboard-Connectors is for the Touch-Sensor?

After disassembling my 8 gig 1st Gen iPhone in order to replace the broken glass and digitizer I found my Touch-Sensor not working anymore.

So I redid the whole procedure and it worked without a glitch, for about 3 hours...

Since everything besides the touch-recognition works I think it might be a faulty connection from the digitzier to the logicboard.

Does anybody know which one of the mainboard-connectors is responsible for what task? I named the connectors as follows ;)

• the one on the side of dock-connector (with the black clamp)
  • the really annoying small one on the camera-side
  • the bigger one on the side of the camera.

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by: mayer ( ) , Kyle Wiens ( ) , tokyo2ooo ( )

+1 for a well written question

rab777hp,

3

Chris Green

I Believe that in this photo, it is the cable on the top-right:

http://s1.guide-images.ifixit.com/igi/DF...

0

isagarciaa
1

So, when u open the iphone, to take the touchscreen out, you gotta disconect one cable, by sliding it out, then another by pushing and another one by pushing too... your problem is in the number two! i fixed my iphone and in the end, the touchscreen wasn´t responding... the conector number one was good, the number two was loose and the number three was ok... so i pushed the number two conector and it made a "click" sound.... then it came back to work...