GE Microwave Oven

Repair and disassembly guides for GE Microwave ovens.

Where is the fuse located and how do you replace it?

My GE profile microwave stopped dead during operation. I have checked the plug and I have power at the outlet.

I do not have any display or lights.

I had this issue on n the over the counter GE cafe microwave. Remove the MW, remove the top cover and there should be a wiring diagram taped somewhere on the top or side. The fuse was easy tosspot if you even if you have limited electronic background. I ordered the part on Amazon for a couple of bucks and it solved the problem. Before I attempted to make the repair I called several appliance repair companies and they said it wasn't worth repairing. I think a $350 MW is worth repairing and Idid for about $3. Good luck

by Richard Soukup

Most Helpful Answer

It depends on the type of machine. -- If you have a counter top model you need to remove the screws that secure the top and sides. Normally there are 2 screws on each side and 7 to 8 screws along the back edge. Once you remove the cover, on the side, behind the control panel, near the top, you will find the fuse block. -- If you have a model that hangs above the stove you need to remove the grill that runs along the top. There are 2 screws approx. 1/3 the way in from each edge. Remove the grill, then look for 1 screw above the control panel. The control panel top will then tilt out. you should be able to see the fuse block.

Make sure that you have more than 1 fuse(at least 2 or 3). This is important because usually there is a fault which causes the fuse to blow. My first fix had a cockroach on the capacitor. Easy fix, but I did not see the problem until after I blew the replacement fuse.

Generally, I find that you have to take off the side panels to get to the circuits where the fuse is, if there is a fuse. The circuit panel should be right where the plug goes into the microwave.

I apologize for any misspellings and whatnot. I'm on my iPod touch

how to fix ge microwave oven replace fuse

Do I need special tools to replace fuse on GE microwave.

I do not have any display or lights

Gary will be eternally grateful.