A minor refresh of the Late 2018 MacBook Air, with the same model number (A1932) and EMC number (3184). This model features a True Tone display and a slightly revised battery.

Need an LCD replacement screen

The LCD of the laptop screen is broken, I believe. The laptop turns on to a black screen, but does not work.

Does an external monitor work?

Can you tell us a bit more on what happened.

try connecting an external monitor via USB-C to whatever your monitor uses

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

That display is going to be very difficult to find and high dollar. The retain your warranty on the rest of the machine, I would certainly consider having Apple do this one (I really dislike giving that advice).

Is it possible to do this repair or on 2019-20 MacBook Pro models? Can the screen assembly be replaced without triggering the T2 chip to brick the unit?

Charles, I just don't know yet. Let's see if management has a clue @kristen

@mayer Checking with the tech writers to see if they have any insight on this!

So, from the info I've gathered, we haven't specifically tested this with the 2019-2020 model, but we don't have any evidence that there is actually a difference between this model and the 2017-2018 model.

@kristen - FYI the 2018 and newer models have TrueTone support. You need to be careful I encountered issues when I was shipped by mistake a 2016/2017 display and it just didn't work. Not sure if I got a bad display in any case I shipped it back and got a new one, the correct one 2018 that worked!

Did you ever see “stage-lights” on the bottom of the display before the failure?

If yes, recall. Get a refund. Reference: “FlexGate”.

BTW “broken” is not a good description. Try “cracked” or “no light on display” to narrow the problem down.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/at...

The Retina MacBook Airs don't have the backlight FlexGate issue. Only the 13" Fn & 13"/15" TB MacBook Pro's have this issue.

@danj right on! I misread the model. Wrong advice is worse than no advice. Thanks for catching this.

Dhara will be eternally grateful.