The Xbox One S, designed by Microsoft Corporation, was released on August 2016. The Xbox One S is a redesign of the Xbox One.

Why is my TV displaying no signal?

I bought a white Xbox one S used the person I bought it from said it worked fine and I saw it running with my own eyes. When I brought it home and plugged it in it turned on started in a timely fashion ran well but my screen was covered in artifacts and the display was too small to fill the screen. So I went to my settings and changed the resolution from 480p to 1080p and it immediately displayed no signal on my TV. I waited about 30 minutes and then tried hard resetting my xbox. Still no display, I changed HDMI cords to one that worked on my old xbox 1 and used all three different ports in my TV, it is in the port that goes to the TV and I flipped the cord around ETC. I tried starting it up in low resolution mode this did not work. The screen is not black my TV says no signal. My xbox seems to be working fine turns on and off normally. Please help I just bought this yesterday

I'm having a similar issue. My xbox is turning on, not connecting via HDMI then turning off after 3-5 minutes. Black screen fixes aren't working. I've soft reset, hard reset, left it unplugged for 24h. No fix. Someone please lmk how to fix this!

Did you figure this out? Mine is doing the same thing.

Nothing worked for me. Screen stayed black, Xbox turned on but it never made any beep noises.

Same problem, took apart my entire Xbox one s, cleaned it well, did everything else the others have done and still have the same problem.

i have the same problem. did everything else aswell. Please help.

Most Helpful Answer

Your screen is blank after you return to Home

1.     Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.

2.     Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button  on the console or the Xbox button  on your Xbox One wireless controller.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Your screen is blank after you begin watching a Blu-ray Disc

Note The Blu-ray Player app does not apply to the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition.

This can happen if Video output in your console settings is set to Allow 24Hz. To turn off Allow 24Hz, follow these steps:

1.     On your wireless controller, press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2.     Select System > Settings > Display & sound.

3.     Select Video output > Video modes.

4.     Click Allow 24Hz to turn off this setting.

Your screen is blank after you turn on the console

• Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are turned on.
  • Check that your TV is set to the correct input signal (HDMI).
  • Check that the HDMI cable connection to your console is secure.
  • Check that the HDMI cable connection to your TV is secure.
  • Check that the HDMI cable is connected to the "out to TV" port on the console.
  • Power cycle your Xbox One: Press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console, and then turn it on again.
  • Reset your display settings. Here's how:

1.     If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

2.     On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

3.     Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.

In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output, and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.

4.     If you’re required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you’ll want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 of the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more info, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One.

• Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV.
  • Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.
  • Try connecting your console to a different TV.

Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup

If your Xbox One console is connected to an audio-video receiver (AVR) that's connected to your TV and you have no sound, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1.     Turn on your devices in the following order, waiting for each device to fully power up before starting the next device:

a.      Turn on your TV first.

b.     Once your TV is displaying a picture, turn on the AVR.

c.      Turn on your Xbox One console.

2.     Use the Input button on your TV’s remote control (or the buttons on the TV) to switch the input source of your AVR away from the console and then back (for example, HDMI1 to HDMI2, and then back to HDMI1).

3.     Restart the AVR.

4.     Set your TV connection to HDMI:

a.      Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

b.     Select System > Settings > Display & sound.

c.      Select Video output > Video fidelity & overscan.

d.     Under the Display dropdown, select the HDMI option.

Your screen is blank after you install a system update

If you've just installed a system update and you see a blank screen, try the Xbox One System Update Solution. In step 1, select I NEED TO TROUBLESHOOT A SYSTEM UPDATE ERROR, and then follow the steps shown.

Xbox S digital Console still not connecting to tv after trying everything.Console powers on ok and all cables are fine still no xbox screen on TV.

Try these steps:

1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs. 
  1. Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button and the Bind button instead, as your console does not have an Eject button.
    1. In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button to open the guide. Go to System > Settings > Display & sound > Video output, and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.
    2. If you’re required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you’ll want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 of the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more info, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One.
  2. Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV.
  3. Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.
  4. Try connecting your console to a different TV.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? My kids is doing this… just suddenly out of no where and its fairly new as well. I've checked everything! Even tested the cord and xbox on another tv.. It all works..

go to settings on your tv and go to hdmi settings turn on cec control turn all on except hdmi arc

So you mean no one has a solution to this. Could it be that the Xbox is damaged

What worked for me:

- Turn off Xbox

- Unplug power cable

- Keep pressed Xbox power button for 10 a

I have this problem. It works with main big tv . Also get the odd flicker of connection to the host tv , invested in a better hdmi lead and still the same problem . I'm thinking this is the hdmi out socket damaged/worn (no visible damage but am I right in saying the terminals are gold plated for the conductivity of signal and if the gold plating is worn then the signal would be low ?) This is what I'm thinking the problem is … any thought on this ? Much help would be appreciated.

Same thing happened to my XBOX ONE X. A day before this happened Fallout 76 wasn’t working correctly. Long load screens. Incorrect map displayed with artifacts. Does any of this sound familiar to you? Did anyone ever find a fix for this?

I have the same issue but I’ve discovered that it works every time when you use a different hdmi cable this is a problem and needs to be fixed

The solution I found for my problem was following:

-Go to TV Image setting

• Select preset image option
  • Select Game Preset or whatever it says that goes with the gaming related theme

gavcar1733 will be eternally grateful.