I need to remove a replaced battery with no tabs

I have a reconditioned 5s that may have had a battery replaced. It doesn’t have the adhesive pull tabs so I think it was jury rigged. Any suggestions for removing a stuck battery (other than heat)?

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

Use a syringe filled with either alcohol or acetone and squirt it under the battery to loosen the glue. Make sure it is unplugged first. No smoking allowed!

A fishing line pulled under the battery would help removing it too.

The film that comes behind screens blue or red colour i use that for everything dab it in alcohol and slide under wiggle it about loosens adhesive, I even use it to remove iPhone 7 home buttons lol

plastic credit/store card and abit of force.

The alcohol trick worked! I used a syringe to very carefully drip a little rubbing alcohol under the edges of the battery and let it sit for awhile. The plastic cover on the battery wrinkled up a bit, but with gentle lifting it came loose. The phone is now reassembled and working. Thanks for all the help!

David Spitzer will be eternally grateful.