The April 2014 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Air features refreshed dual-core i5 and i7 processors, plus slightly increased battery performance.

Battery connector broken off motherboard

Is there anyone on this forum who knows how to fix the battery connector to the motherboard? It has broken off and I need to repair it.

Can you post a few pics of the connector and the board where it was so we can see how damaged things are Adding images to an existing question

Pics shown above Dan. Thanks.

Where are you located?

outside New Orleans LA

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Well, there are quite a few around in this forum who would be able to replace the broken connector, myself included, but much depends on where you are. Shipment costs back and forth might be a pretty important factor in the overall repair economy. Pictures confirm it’s a straightforward repair, no missing pads at all apparently.

I've broken the connector the exact way when I forget to put the battery screws on and turn the MacBook over.

@benjamen50 Ouch..that was bad luck, but I believe we all have our share of it, hurry, sometimes overconfidence..pretty sure you managed to fix it though ;)

Very repairable! If you can get the connector and have the skills to solder you should be able to do it your self.

You’ll first need to remove the pin sections that are still soldered on, using some solder wick should clean off the solder so you can first tack the connector in its proper placement and then carefully solder down the other pins.

Sandwah will be eternally grateful.