Farberware Percolator

Support for percolators manufactured by Farberware.

Not heating correctly - incomplete perk

This twenty-two year old, 8 Cup SuperFast Percolator FCP280-A, coffee maker is heating the water but no longer perking correctly. The heating process is quitting to soon. It finishes to quickly with extremely weak brew but hot water. A visual examination reveals no burned internal parts. Continuity check shows good. My question is which part to replace, the main element, the fuse link or the thermostat? I found parts for it here: http://www.thepartsbiz.com/Farberware_by...

By the way this is my second one of these, the first one lasted 20 years. Really high quality machine built to last.

by mayer

Finally found the correct part at: www.repairshack.com

by mayer

Great, let us know when you are ready to serve a cup of hot java :-)

by oldturkey03

I have replaced the thermostat 3 times on the SuperFast pot,and after about 2 weeks,it does the same thing again...turns off too soon to get a good cup of coffee. I cannot believe that many thermostats are defective. What have they done differently on their new pots? The old one lasted 20 years or more,but this one has been a PIA from the beginning. What happened to their once-famous-quality? This is supposed to be a high-end perculator? If so,I don't want to see their low-end model. I will never but another ANYTHING of their brand. They have created a large pool of disappointed coffeee drinkers from once loyal customers.

by Stuart

I believe that it is the thermostat that tells it to turn off when it reaches the right temp. So in the case of your coffee percolator I believe that it doesn't reach the right temp to brew the coffee. Check it with a cooking thermometer(digital works best)and run the pot through a cycle but don't add any coffee. Once done, stir the water in the pot just enough to get an accurate temp reading. The temperature of the water should be at least 185 degrees. Hope this help with the java....;-)

Thank you for accepting my answer. I do hope you got it fixed and are back to enjoying your coffee.

by oldturkey03

Not yet, they sent the wrong part. But I have discovered that instant coffee has made some great advances in the last twenty years. I had some of the old stuff and it still tasted the same 20 years later but the new is much better. A good selection for your fall out shelter, this stuff lasts forever.

by mayer

Nothing better than a good cup of instant Nescafe....;-)

by oldturkey03

Have any of you had any luck repositioning the thermostat? I'm curious to know whether this might allow the water to reach a higher temperature before the thermostat shuts down the brewing process.

Mine did the same thing, replaced the thermostat and in 15 minutes I had a great pot of coffee.

January 17, 2015

I need the thermostat and can not find it anywhere.

36TM01 560288 L193-59F S1128

Did you look at the links in my question?

by mayer

mayer will be eternally grateful.