Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Soldering Iron for board work

Could someone send me a link for the right soldering iron for doing work on the logic board a good inexpensive soldering iron is all im looking for with the right fine tip

jared...you asked this question 2 weeks ago, and you've asked about water damage and broken logic boards again.. is this an ongoing problem or different phones. I think we should merge these

Different phones

http://www.amazon.com/Weller-WM120-120v-...

I like the weller soldering irons, make sure you have a good small tip, flux/solder etc.

does this one come with a small enough tip for removing the backlight coil?

+ lemerise I already gave you the thumbs up on this. I apologize that at that time I didn't have time then to leave a comment. I have had this tab open for a few days, because I plan on buying one of these ( I need to close this tab). That is a nice little soldering iron for many of the discreet components on this board. You can get a 64th of an inch conical tip for it! I believe it may come with one if not it is the 32nd of an inch it comes with. Either way a nice little iron for dealing with small chips. My personal preference is to use hot air on boards like this, sometimes for various reasons, that is not feasible.

This little baby may be exactly what you want and cheap at twice the price: http://www.ifixit.com/Tools/Portable-Sol...

how many watts?

It always helps to actually look at a link given in an answer. 0 watts, it's Butane.

lol whoops sorry does it have small enough tips for say removing a backlight coil?

6 different tips. Tips can always be squeezed down with pliers

Weller WM120 12w/120v Pencil Thin Soldering Iron

Jared will be eternally grateful.