Hybrid laptop/tablet manufactured by Microsoft. Released October 2015. Model 1703.

Suraface book battery 2 not charge

this computer has two batteries (1), one in the screen and one battery (2) in the keyboard, for about 3 days the battery 2 does not charge, I tried to remove the battery drivers (device management) and keep the access key pressed and high volume for 30 seconds but the problem continues to show up. At the moment I have to keep the PC connected with the power cord or it goes off after about 40-50 minutes. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Battery report:

http://i68.tinypic.com/6ynkp2.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/27zdpxx.png

Thanks for all help

Just call Microsoft, this can only be handled by warranty support, for free.

unfortunately the support via chat with them has expired recently because my guarantee has just ended a few months ago. For that I hoped that someone with the probelma similar to mine had found an alternative solution

There is no solution other than replacing the battery, sometimes even repairing the board because there could be something wrong with the charging circuit.

this is really absurd when this PC recently used it and has not even done 200 cycles of recharge for the battery 1 and 2

I managed to figure this out for myself after trying every solution including the power plus holding the volume up button, booting to UEFI, nothing happened there. I reset the whole laptop to factory settings, nope still not fixed. I changed the charging cable, nothing. I removed drivers for keyboard, batteries. Ran windows diagnostic, nothing. I didn’t give up though as I paid $1800 for this laptop and in now in the U.K, and an expired warranty, I couldn’t do anything about it.

The only solution that worked was to let the whole laptop battery discharge to 0% and shut off, then close the lid, charge it overnight and in the morning I was amazed when the keyboard lights came on and the detach function began to work. I am not sure therefore, if this is indeed a hardware fault of something in the software conflicting with the charging of the base. As long as I keep the power in and keep the keyboard battery above 50%, it doesn’t happen anymore. Maybe this will help someone else.

alberto hotmail will be eternally grateful.