iMac G4

Originally known as "The New iMac" the iMac G4 was created to replace the iMac G3 as Apple's all-in-one desktop computer. The G4 is easily recognizable by its swiveling monitor mounted above the hemispherical computer. Steve Jobs quoted it as being "a design that will last till the next decade."

Repair Manual for iMac G4

I understand you have completed a repair (guide) manual that will help in repairing my G4 Flat panel. Is it possible for me to get the guide? Thanks, DickB

1.0ghz/256mb/80hd

by DickB

Most Helpful Answer

'm working on doing it. Which machine do you have (MHz) it's listed on the bottom. What do you need to fix and I'll try to get that repair posted. Here's the beginning:iMac G4 17 800 MHz EMC 1936 Battery Replacement

Mentioned Items

1.0ghz/256mb/80hd

by DickB

What are you trying to repair on it?

by mayer

I'll try to help with the manual you need.

by mayer

Won't start up. I had a black screen for a few weeks and then it wouldn't start up at all. I would like some kind of good disassemble and assembly instructions so I don't screw everything up.

by DickB

This can be cause from a dead 3.6 volt 1/2 AA Lithium PRAM battery. Let me see what I can post for you.

by mayer

DickB will be eternally grateful.