Skip to main content

{A1706 / EMC 3071}—Released in June 2017, this 13" Macbook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to 3.5 GHz Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz.

277 Questions View all

How to remove a UK return (enter) key

Does anyone have a guide or any advice on how to remove the return key on a UK /european keyboard (L shape)


Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 3
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

Hold that thought! You do know Apple has a free service to repair or replace your keyboard!

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook and MacBook Pro Let them fix it!

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1

1 Comment:

A note of caution on removing any mac key: be as gentle as you possibly can and use plastic prying tools instead of metal ones.

To remove the UK return key, pry up the left hand edge of the key. Start at the top and work your way down. You'll need to pry it in at least 2 places.

Once the left hand edge is lifted enough to get your finger under it, very gently lift it up. The right hand side should come out relatively easily once you can fully lift the left hand side but be careful since there are tiny plastic latches that can break easily.

To replace, place the right hand edge down as far as you can and push down the left edges until they all click.


Add a comment

Its very tricky as you may destroy your key so be careful and watch How to remove enter return key here

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

1 Comment:

He was specifically asking about the european, L-shaped Return key. Your video is for a US style return key.


Add a comment

Add your answer

catt83 will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 3

Past 30 Days: 22

All Time: 3,788