Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

iPhone X rear glass replacment

Hi guys,

I want to know If anyone has replaced iPhone X rear cover glass, I know its replaceable but I'd like to get some more details on this repair, will it look so obvious to tell it has been replaced after replacement?

I've watched the repair on an iPhone 8, is it similar? and what to avoid?

Are there any recommend suppliers to buy a glass cover from?

Which method is better and safer, taking the board out and prying the rear cover?

Any recommendation would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Answer

Don't try this, it's beyond insane.

The glass is fused onto the frame with strong adhesive, it is very easy to ruin the frame and even after best attempt, it still looks pretty obvious.

Thanks for your reply, I wanted to try it as I found on sale which has broken rear glass cover and thought I do try it but anyways thanks

I would highly recommend you do a full housing replacement. The glue that holds the glass on is extremely difficult to remove. You'll be chipping away at the glass for hours and probably ruin the frame.

I watched a video of Rewa company on YouTube and they came up with a amazing method, thanks man for your reply

I just checked with my sales rep from Rewa about the cost of the chemical they use. Their MOQ is 200ml which costs $148.88. Shipping to the US is $107. I can get the full housing for much less.

It is hard to replace and may cost you much money. Maybe you can buy a back housing case to protect your phone.

I replaced mine and honestly, the hardest part was finding a quality replacement part and that says a lot considering how hard it is to get the original back off. The issue with removing the back glass is that Apple uses some sort of top shelf glue that requires either freezing cold temperatures or high heat to break the bond. Theres a couple videos on youtube showing the use of a heat gun or dry ice to break the bond but that only gets it to the point of possible. Without heat, youd be scraping little chips off of the back for hours and hours. Total time to remove the back glass for me was around 30-45 minutes with heat. Also, be aware that the camera cover is welded onto the frame and must come off in order to get the back glass on then the cover must be glued back down.

Jaffar Almousa will be eternally grateful.