logic board exchange or identify

How can I find out what logic board I have when there is no stickers to show me and if there are where are they located, and can a logic board 1.33GHz be exchanged for a 1.42GHz?

No you cannot replace the 1.33 GHz logic board with a 1.42 GHz one. Hard drive set up, airport card socket, inverter socket, reed switch board location, track pad are different so no you can't swap.

+ I got so busy answering the first half of the question I missed the second part ;-)

Most Helpful Answer

This was the last iBook made so you already have the top end machine. Here's the logic board: iBook G4 14" 1.42 GHz Logic Board

So this is the only logic board that will fit in this computer?

Apple iBook G4/1.42 14-Inch (Mid-2005 - Op) Specs

Identifiers: iBook G4 - Mid-2005 - M9848LL/A - PowerBook6,7 - A1134 - N/A

There is only one logic board for this machine no matter how many times you ask.

If your machine will start up, go under the Apple to "about this Mac" more info Hardware. This will tell you about your logic board. If you give us the last three letters of your serial number I can tell you what the logic board should be. Also look in the battery compartment for your processor type and serial number.

This answer was originally to another question.

The late 2004 1.33ghz logic board is not compatible with the mid 2005 1.42ghz iBook and vis-versa. The logic boards of those iBook doesn't have same layout. The airport card is an "user" add in option on the late 2004 but not on the mid 2005 which is a standard feature with the bluetooth.

By the way, I have on my workbench a mid 2005 iBook opened and the airport card seem to cause kernel panic. The KP is resolved when the airport card is unconnected to the logicboard. I'll try the plastic spacer trick which consist to put an little piece of plastic in between the airpot card and the retaining bracket which retaining it close to the logic board.

roaddog10 will be eternally grateful.