2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

424 Questions View all

What is this this part called?


What is this part called? I changed my flex cable and am wondering what it is.


Block Image


Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

That is a hard drive/IR cable going into a hard drive bracket. You have selected the incorrect machine in your machine select (as you picked a Retina machine) and they did not use this. See if this 2012 non-retina is your machine: MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2012

This is the cable you appear to have (they should be a part number printed on the cable):

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Mid 2012) Hard Drive Cable

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Mid 2012) Hard Drive Cable Image


MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Mid 2012) Hard Drive Cable


Was this answer helpful?

Score 3


Thanks @mayer, you are right. It is an A1398.

Do you know how I can test the IR functionality after reassembling? The Mac is running fine again but I am not 100% sure if I put that tiny IR thing correctly together. Thank you !


Look on the back and check what the Axxx number is.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Albertus Craddle will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 44