Unable to activate Touch ID and to charge phone

I tried to replace my iPhone 5s battery but now the Touch ID is not working and I am also not being able to charge the phone.

While trying to remove the battery I think I damaged the cable support bracket:

Can this possibly be the reason for these two problems?

After all this time I finally tried to replace the charging port assembly.

I thought it had gone well, but after putting everything together and trying to start the phone I can't see anything on the screen.

I can now charge the phone (as the phone beeps when I connect it to the charger) and I can also connect it to my computer using the USB cable, which means the charging port is fixed. However, nothing shows up in the screen; it's completely dark. Any idea of what could be causing this problem?

Thank you!

When you was changing charging port, I assume you was disconnecting screen as well. Did you disconnected battery before the screen? It might be that backlight filter needs replacement

Most Helpful Answer

The home button connector on the charging port assembly is damaged.

You will need to replace the charging port assembly which should also fix your charging issue at the same time.

Here is a guide and where you can get the part in case you want to buy a replacement part from iFixit:

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector Replacement

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

iPhone 5s Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image

Product

$29.99

Looks like you have damage one of the pins. Unfortunately i cant advise you repair until you wount upload clear picture of connection it self including female one (buttons)

Ana Silva will be eternally grateful.