The DC56 is a cordless handheld vacuum designed and created by Dyson. This page includes repair and troubleshooting guides for many issues that could happen to a DC56.

Why does my Dyson stop working every 3-5 seconds

We have a Dyson DC45. It shuts off (stops working) every 3-5 seconds. Can this be fixed, by myself or at a repair centre?

The Dyson DC 45 ( I have shown DC56 here as it appears similar to the DC45) stops every 3-5 seconds when in use. The following is a more detailed series of the events which occur.

The Dyson is fully charged, when starting use with the brush head attachment, stops working after about 10 seconds of use.

We turn it on using the trigger starter. It stops again after about 3 seconds. We release the trigger and press it again. It starts and runs for approximately 3 seconds, then stops again. The sequence of restarting is repetitive until we give up in frustration.

Is there a "home fixable solution" or must it be taken to a repair shop? If so, where in the Toronto area can it be taken.

Thank you

My disown work 3 or 5 seconds and stop working can I do anything L thank you

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

I assume the battery is dead. Try a new one - you can get them everywhere online.

Pay attention to choose the right one as Dysons have quite different connectors.

Have the same problem - changed the battery and worked properly for a little while and then started to do the same thing again.

There is a tab on the filter that wears down and stops it from running for more than a few seconds. Here's a video on how to check for that issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IUZ_Gol...

Had the same problem. Charged fine and then stopped after 10 seconds. This isn’t a filter issue, it means the battery is dead. Bought a replacement on eBay for $45, good as new

Wally Turner will be eternally grateful.