Model A1225 / Early 2009 / 2.66, 2.93, or 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

What is a CR-VPH2 screwdriver bit

I'm working on the repair guide for the 24" A1225 iMac. The captive screw on the RAM access door is a Phillips screw, but strange one. It's shallow and a standard phillips does not work well. I found the correct bit in my security bit set. It's a CR-VPH2. I can't find a wiki that explains just what this is or the initials stand for and don't want to put something in a guide that I am uncertain of. I believe the last part stands for Phillips Head #2 but I don't know what the rest is for. Anybody know?

+ for another really difficult question. I have searched all over and can find no reference to that screwdriver bit. I do believe from what I find that you are correct in assuming that PH2 stands for phillips head 2. Good luck in your quest.

CR-VPH2 refers to a tool that is made from chrome vanadium. Abbreviation of CR-V on tools makes referrence to that "Chrome Vanadium which is used for many different types of tools because when heat-treated it has excellent properties such as strength, toughness, and resistance to wear and fatigue" and you are correct that PH2 refers to Phillips Head size number 2. Good Luck with your project and I know that your project will work out much better for you since you gained this knowledge ;-)

+ Way to go Turkey. Thanks for the answer

Thank you for accepting my answer. Good Luck with your projects :)

an email with your name and contact information wouldn't be out of line

Nice answer +

yes this is so! all the best ............. Brian

ChRome Vanadium Phillips Head #2

mayer will be eternally grateful.