Wi-Fi only variant of the fifth generation of iPad, released in March 2017. Available with 32 and 128 GB storage options featuring a 9.7" Retina display and 64-bit A9 processor.

unable to activate touch id on this iPad after screen replacement

Hello everyone,

I had a broken LCD & touch screen in my iPad 5th generation, i purchased the LCD and the screen (Item code: IF128-018-5) i replaced all parts and all looks great..! then when i started my iPad it showed me this msg: unable to activate touch id on this iPad.

So the touch ID is not working and the home button as well, not just the sensor! Please advice.

Hi, I have the same problem. The pre-installed home button does not work and if I connect it when the iPad is on, Siri starts.

the old home button works but not touch id, my iPad showed me this message: impossible to activate the touch ID on this iPad.

Please advice

Actually, if you installed IF128-018-5, then that digitizer came with a Home Button pre-installed. That means the Touch ID will not work. You need to transfer over the original Home Button from your cracked display if you want touchID functions. See this guide.

You have to be careful not to tear the flex cable on the HB otherwise you will lose one or both functions.

I did not see that coming! i threw the cracked screen away before i purchased the spare part. in this case what can i do?

There's nothing you can do to regain TouchID other than have it repaired by Apple.

You probably accidentally broke the home button flex. If it's broken, Touch ID and home button won't work. You will probably need to replace the home button assembly, unfortunately this means that you lose Touch ID permanently since it's paired with the original home button and motherboard.

Dabbor will be eternally grateful.