Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

nO GPS on my 3G w/o sim card

Everything works great using i with WIFI and no sim card, except the GPS?

Most Helpful Answer

without a SIM card, the GPS receiver still works - it's just that without cellular data you can't get map data in apps like Google Maps. but with WiFi then Maps would work. this is assuming of course that the iPhone has previously been activated

Following of course the line of wi-fi, it works on iPod Touches, I suppose if they built something into the iPhone version that insists you activate it once, you could simply get the iPod Touch version of the app and put it on the iPhone. I hear there's a way to do stuff like that with jailbreaking.

I wouldn't expect all the features to work with no sim card, probably the GPS is accessed someway involving the carrier, why are you using it with no sim?

Er, because we don't want to pay for cell and data? That's my position, and I'm having the same problem. I thought the GPS chip talked directly to the satellite, but I guess that would be kind of hard now I think of it. But why does it get it's info by data and can't by wifi? I'm on wifi and my location can't be determined...

My lg curve works fine except the gps wont fibd satelites.

sam will be eternally grateful.