Support for percolators manufactured by Farberware.

What happens if I accidentally run percolator wo water?

what happens if I accidently run percolator wo water?

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

1. No coffee

2. Basically nothing. Ever noticed that if it is left plugged in and gets cold it starts to re-perk? The thermostat shuts it off once it gets to hot, just like it does when you run out of coffee.

Not true! I just did this by accident (i.e., tried to make coffee and forgot to add the water) and my Faberware percolator had a burning smell about 3-5 minutes into it, so I immediately unplugged the machine, having realized that I forgot to add water, and let it cool down, but unfotunately the coffee maker no longer works :(

I don't know about the newer ones. Maybe they aren't built as well. Mine lasted about 40 years and ran dry many, many times with no problems.

1 of 2 things most likely.

either nothing happens and it gets hot, or possible much more likely it would burn up and start to malfunction or stop working entirely

It will ruin your coffee maker! :(

I just did this by accident (i.e., tried to make coffee and forgot to add the water) and my Faberware percolator had a burning smell about 3-5 minutes into it, so I immediately unplugged the machine, having realized that I forgot to add water, and let it cool down, but unfortunately the coffee maker no longer works so I just threw it away :(

I did the same dumb thing by running my Chinese-made Farberware brand FCP240 percolator without water. In no time, I found that I had damaged it and now it won’t heat. I suspect the element has burned out because no water was in the pot. How do I replace the element? These things should not be disposable, they ought to be repairable.

There maybe a thermal switch that lets go. So that there is no fire. Now try to find a replacement maybe a job.

David Weber will be eternally grateful.