Support for percolators manufactured by Farberware.

What happens if I accidentally run percolator wo water?

what happens if I accidently run percolator wo water?

1. No coffee

2. Basically nothing. Ever noticed that if it is left plugged in and gets cold it starts to re-perk? The thermostat shuts it off once it gets to hot, just like it does when you run out of coffee.

Not true! I just did this by accident (i.e., tried to make coffee and forgot to add the water) and my Faberware percolator had a burning smell about 3-5 minutes into it, so I immediately unplugged the machine, having realized that I forgot to add water, and let it cool down, but unfotunately the coffee maker no longer works :(

I don't know about the newer ones. Maybe they aren't built as well. Mine lasted about 40 years and ran dry many, many times with no problems.

1 of 2 things most likely.

either nothing happens and it gets hot, or possible much more likely it would burn up and start to malfunction or stop working entirely

It will ruin your coffee maker! :(

I just did this by accident (i.e., tried to make coffee and forgot to add the water) and my Faberware percolator had a burning smell about 3-5 minutes into it, so I immediately unplugged the machine, having realized that I forgot to add water, and let it cool down, but unfortunately the coffee maker no longer works so I just threw it away :(

David Weber will be eternally grateful.