The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

It seems like the washer has no power

My washing machine won't operate! It has power to the plug but it would appear otherwise. It's completely non responsive and shows no display or lights at all!

@hvacguy you've got a complete model number for your washer?

Most Helpful Answer

The first step is to unplug the washer, you will plug it back in later. At the back of the top panel on the washer there are three screws that hold the lid on. Remove the screws and then push the lid back about 3/4's of an inch, the lid will them be able to be lifted off. Look at the area where the cord that plugs into the wall enters the machine. There will be a small module that the cord goes into. Follow the wires from the module to the main control. Using a multimeter set to Volts AC, you will test for voltage at the connection point on the main control board. Carefully plug the machine in and test for the voltage, being careful to not short the wires or test probes to anything on the chassis or neighboring wires. It should show 110 VAC, or very close to that. If not, unplug the machine from the wall outlet and move back to the module where the cord enters and inspect the wiring and make a check there.

Thanks much! I really was aiming for a strategy from someone with washer experience, I'm an HVAC tech but have no idea what to expect from a washer! Once I followed your instructions it became clear that the molex plug that powered the power module had come loose and needed reattached. Thanks

Was that it? Does it work now? Your expertise would be welcomed on the site if you ever have the time. The whole of the Answers section is all manned by volunteers ;-)

Cliff will be eternally grateful.