Why is my screen bulging on the left side of the case?

Yes it more than likely is a swollen battery. If you have a replacement battery, open the device with the proper tools and after you unhook the battery and LCD, check the battery for its size and shape. If the phone is laying flat on a desk, get down to phone level and look at it and see if you notice it protruding higher on that side than the other. If it is the battery and you replace it, the LCD will sit properly in the phone again and will look normal.

Hope this helps :)

what would make my iphone 6 replacement battery swell?

Same comment for me. I replaced my iPhone 6 battery and all was great. Until about a month after (this past weekend) and the bulging battery has made my screen push out. And I get intermittent reboots. Crap.

it could make it swell from over use, becoming hot or being old.

Most Helpful Answer

Most likely is a bad swollen battery. Here's how to replace it: How to Replace Your iPhone 6 Battery

Chris Perkins will be eternally grateful.