Signal just searching even with/without sim card

Hi im andy from indonesia

I buy a iphone from my friend that he said broken, and i just wanna repairing by myself. This iphone just on the first setup on "Hello screen" that i cannot activate to enter homescreen menu.

The problem is when i turn on iphone keeps on signal "searching..." even with/without sim card. I believe that problem maybe because the time has wrong, the time showing on utc -7 but my location in indonesia on utc 7. I can't correct the time which i cant enter to the homesreen menu, and i cannot restore/update always stuck on "waiting for iphone".

Please anybody can help me?

Most Helpful Answer

This question seems to be a similar enough problem that the solution might work for you: iPhone 5 won't activate after factory reset.

To save you some scrolling, here's the solution I think will help:

"Here are the steps I took to solve this problem (to the best of my ability to explain them)

- Turn off iPhone

- Open iTunes on computer

- Hold down home button on iPhone and plug iPhone USB into computer

-> (Do not plug in USB before holding down the home key)

- Click restore iPhone on iTunes and update when asked.

-> (You want a full software replacement with update)

This was clearly caused by some sort of corruption to the firmware." - ru5ty03

Good luck!

I liked the marble machine ;-)

Thanks rachel, but i cannot restore always stuck on waiting for iphone..error 4013

Have you tried the steps listed on the Apple Support site for error 4013? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201444

Yes i already try

Andy will be eternally grateful.