Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

MacBook Pro keeps restarting after startup screen and mac osx wont loa

why does my macbook pro keeps restarting after startup screen. Because of this i cant boot from cd even when i hold command c. I think it is related to trying to reinstall mac osx and it failing half way through installation.

If you have access to another mac you can wire it to it with a firewire cable and start the sick machine with the "T" key pressed (target mode). If that works you can wipe the harddisk and start over again. If you dont have any other mac at hand you can A: still start it in target mode to see if that works or better B: remove the harddisk and replace it or wipe it with another machine.

+ If you install a system in Target Mode be sure you installing from an Intel processor machine, not a power PC machine.

Mayer, you are right as usual - thank you. Another thought - the installation maybe went wrong because of the notorously fragile superdives in these machines. Better try an external USB or firewire drive or make a bootable image on a thumbdrive. I use nothing else for month now.

Phil Johnson will be eternally grateful.