iPhone 6s Searching/No Service

I have an iPhone 6s that has the searching/no service issue. I've seen this a lot online with the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but no one really talks about it with the 6s. Is it caused by the same baseband ic issue or is it another chip? I've looked around to get this repaired, but no one really seems to offer this service. Does anyone know where I can get this chip reballed? Thanks in advanced!

Give a shout out to @refectio here on IFIXIT, or search through the pros here on iFixit. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, search for Chris Long on youtube.

I've done several 6 and 6 plus, but not had the "6s or 6S+" with searching or no service.

Thanks for the recommendation. I found most of the places on google don't fix this issue. I'll contact some of the pros here to see who might be able to fix it.

Have you opened it recently? If so, a antenna connector cable could have came lose or not been fully seated back .

It was opened recently. I've checked all the connections and done all the troubleshooting steps and it still seems to have the same issue.

How do I check the antenna connector?

it will like a string with a very small silver/ gold top part that connects to a small circle adapter

This is pretty common for every 1/10 Iphones. I always review the following.

1. Check for Carrier Updates, this is typically done with the sim and wi-fi connected.
  2. Check for iOS Update
  3. Test for Signal, if fail proceed to next steps.
  4. Look for APN settings on the phone and remove it, this can cause a signal interruption. I believe it's in Settings>General> APN. This does not appear in all phones and this varies on where the phone was purchased from. Some APNs can be found in Cellular > Cellular Data Options > APN/Cellular Data Network. Just look around to see if one exists.
  5. Test for Signal, if fail proceed to next steps.
  6. Manually search for a Network in Settings > Carrier (turn off automatic) see if you can manually search for the tower of your carrier.
  7. Test another Sim Card to ensure it's not a hardware issue. Frankly, some phones, primarily samsung, gets picky about the sim type you use. I'm not familiar with Sim Cards and how they function, I just know that if one type doesn't work try another type.

Hope this helps.

Hi all, i have the same problem. My sim card is being detected but I have no service.

The sim is working in another phone and the iPhone is water damaged,so I’m pretty sure it’s a hardware problem.

Do someone know which chip it is most likely? Or which chips are involved in this issue?

I have same issue. Probably software issue. Need downgrade or something upgrade to solve. My phone have iOS 11 update of 1.21gb size but I am not updating hoping my iPhone will die or any other issue will arise.

Same problem here. Just wondering how on earth it could possibly happen? Worked fine from the start, and just stopped and now screaming "No service" all at once...

Replacing the SIM, resetting "Network settings", resetting ALL settings, and no luck!

I have the identical problem and it has been going on for months now. Slapping it on my knee and then resetting it and powering off seems to help occasionally. I took it to the Apple store and they said I needed a new antenna which would cost close to $300. As if. IHave tried all of the above fixes and they seem to be temporary if and when they do work. Doesn’t exactly give you a time and fuzzy feeling about having a reliable communication device with you for emergencies or otherwise! Think it’s time for a mass complaint . unless Apple can explain why this occurs so frequently to so many phones and it goes on and off class action suit Similar to their “battery” issue may encourage them to fix the problem/or prevent it from happening in the first place.

I totally agree!

Totally agree same issue!

Then d baseband (network) ic should be replaced or reballed. Few Engineers do it in Lagos Nigeria

Daniel Grueneberg will be eternally grateful.