iPhone 6s Searching/No Service

I have an iPhone 6s that has the searching/no service issue. I've seen this a lot online with the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but no one really talks about it with the 6s. Is it caused by the same baseband ic issue or is it another chip? I've looked around to get this repaired, but no one really seems to offer this service. Does anyone know where I can get this chip reballed? Thanks in advanced!

Give a shout out to @refectio here on IFIXIT, or search through the pros here on iFixit. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, search for Chris Long on youtube.

I've done several 6 and 6 plus, but not had the "6s or 6S+" with searching or no service.

Thanks for the recommendation. I found most of the places on google don't fix this issue. I'll contact some of the pros here to see who might be able to fix it.

Have you opened it recently? If so, a antenna connector cable could have came lose or not been fully seated back .

It was opened recently. I've checked all the connections and done all the troubleshooting steps and it still seems to have the same issue.

This is pretty common for every 1/10 Iphones. I always review the following.

1. Check for Carrier Updates, this is typically done with the sim and wi-fi connected.
  2. Check for iOS Update
  3. Test for Signal, if fail proceed to next steps.
  4. Look for APN settings on the phone and remove it, this can cause a signal interruption. I believe it's in Settings>General> APN. This does not appear in all phones and this varies on where the phone was purchased from. Some APNs can be found in Cellular > Cellular Data Options > APN/Cellular Data Network. Just look around to see if one exists.
  5. Test for Signal, if fail proceed to next steps.
  6. Manually search for a Network in Settings > Carrier (turn off automatic) see if you can manually search for the tower of your carrier.
  7. Test another Sim Card to ensure it's not a hardware issue. Frankly, some phones, primarily samsung, gets picky about the sim type you use. I'm not familiar with Sim Cards and how they function, I just know that if one type doesn't work try another type.

Hope this helps.

Hi all, i have the same problem. My sim card is being detected but I have no service.

The sim is working in another phone and the iPhone is water damaged,so I’m pretty sure it’s a hardware problem.

Do someone know which chip it is most likely? Or which chips are involved in this issue?

Daniel Grueneberg will be eternally grateful.