iPhone 6s Searching/No Service

I have an iPhone 6s that has the searching/no service issue. I've seen this a lot online with the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but no one really talks about it with the 6s. Is it caused by the same baseband ic issue or is it another chip? I've looked around to get this repaired, but no one really seems to offer this service. Does anyone know where I can get this chip reballed? Thanks in advanced!

Give a shout out to @refectio here on IFIXIT, or search through the pros here on iFixit. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, search for Chris Long on youtube.

I've done several 6 and 6 plus, but not had the "6s or 6S+" with searching or no service.

Thanks for the recommendation. I found most of the places on google don't fix this issue. I'll contact some of the pros here to see who might be able to fix it.

This is pretty common for every 1/10 Iphones. I always review the following.

1. Check for Carrier Updates, this is typically done with the sim and wi-fi connected.
  2. Check for iOS Update
  3. Test for Signal, if fail proceed to next steps.
  4. Look for APN settings on the phone and remove it, this can cause a signal interruption. I believe it's in Settings>General> APN. This does not appear in all phones and this varies on where the phone was purchased from. Some APNs can be found in Cellular > Cellular Data Options > APN/Cellular Data Network. Just look around to see if one exists.
  5. Test for Signal, if fail proceed to next steps.
  6. Manually search for a Network in Settings > Carrier (turn off automatic) see if you can manually search for the tower of your carrier.
  7. Test another Sim Card to ensure it's not a hardware issue. Frankly, some phones, primarily samsung, gets picky about the sim type you use. I'm not familiar with Sim Cards and how they function, I just know that if one type doesn't work try another type.

Hope this helps.

Have you opened it recently? If so, a antenna connector cable could have came lose or not been fully seated back .

It was opened recently. I've checked all the connections and done all the troubleshooting steps and it still seems to have the same issue.

How do I check the antenna connector?

it will like a string with a very small silver/ gold top part that connects to a small circle adapter

Hi all, i have the same problem. My sim card is being detected but I have no service.

The sim is working in another phone and the iPhone is water damaged,so I’m pretty sure it’s a hardware problem.

Do someone know which chip it is most likely? Or which chips are involved in this issue?

The antenna may have become dislodged.

1. While sitting down, turn your phone screen facing down in a horizontal position across your upper leg.
  2. Firmly rock it left-to-right across your upper leg for about 5-10 secs. (Be careful not to do it so hard that you bend your phone).
  3. Switch your phone to Flight Mode and back again to reinitialise the network search.
  4. Repeat if necessary.

This should re-seat the antenna and restore network connectivity.

I had exhausted all other software options, and this is the only thing that actually worked for me! I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it consistently restores service to my iPhone 6. I still lose network every few days (sometimes multiple times in a single day), but this method restores it every time.

This worked! Thank you!! :)

I have same issue. Probably software issue. Need downgrade or something upgrade to solve. My phone have iOS 11 update of 1.21gb size but I am not updating hoping my iPhone will die or any other issue will arise.

Same problem here. Just wondering how on earth it could possibly happen? Worked fine from the start, and just stopped and now screaming "No service" all at once...

Replacing the SIM, resetting "Network settings", resetting ALL settings, and no luck!

I have the identical problem and it has been going on for months now. Slapping it on my knee and then resetting it and powering off seems to help occasionally. I took it to the Apple store and they said I needed a new antenna which would cost close to $300. As if. IHave tried all of the above fixes and they seem to be temporary if and when they do work. Doesn’t exactly give you a time and fuzzy feeling about having a reliable communication device with you for emergencies or otherwise! Think it’s time for a mass complaint . unless Apple can explain why this occurs so frequently to so many phones and it goes on and off class action suit Similar to their “battery” issue may encourage them to fix the problem/or prevent it from happening in the first place.

I totally agree!

Totally agree same issue!

@Stephon Resuah, I felt I wrote the comment you wrote, word by word! That was the Apple store's response to me plus a sarcastic: "your iPhone 6 is really old, it's time to change it anyway". I had a perfectly working phone until today and it suddenly stopped with the "searching" or "no service" sign on top left. All the soft, hard, software reset and restore didn't work. Apple looked inside and said there are no water damage which is a common cause of it. They said at the store: "this is common and the chip that reads the SIM just stops working at some point"! I felt their answer was pretty cocky corporate with a well-practiced sales technique to just buy-another-phone attitude. When are we getting enough of this buy-more-to-feel-happy culture?!

Apple Store didn't even give me a reason, other than I should really update my iPhone (hardware). Have to go back because didn't realize the tech actually locked up the phone and gave it back that way! Screen says to reset through iTunes, but keeps erroring out half way through. (plus no appointments yesterday, so going on day 2...). Not happy that I gave them a semi working phone (apps/internet/imessaging), and they gave me back a a phone that has NO value :/. We'll see if they can resolve later this evening...

Then d baseband (network) ic should be replaced or reballed. Few Engineers do it in Lagos Nigeria

Where in Lagos please and at what cost?

Daniel Grueneberg will be eternally grateful.