Nintendo handheld device released February 2011, identified by model number CTR-001.

3DS Black Screen When Booting Up/ Has CFW

When I try to turn on my 3ds it will have a black screen and a blue light that will fade away (if there is no SD card inserted) but if a SD card is inserted the blue light will stay there, the problem is the problem is i installed homebrew and the contents from the SD card are deleted and replaced with my own personal files that are now lost somewhere. is there anyone know how to fix? did it brick?

anyone know whats wrong with it.

Hi!

Try some of the following stuff and let me know how it goes and if you need further advice. These are separate ideas, they don't need to be followed in a specific order.

• Try using recovery mode. Press R+L+A+(D-PAD)-UP while booting. Then update.
  • Remove the battery while the system is on, make sure there is no SD card inserted.
  • Power it up, press and hold the power button until it dies, the SD card can be inserted for this. Also make sure that both Wi-Fi and 3D are off.

How about a reference to those people that had similar issues? That statement shouldn't be made and left hanging if it is out of context.

The problem is, they never accepted my answers, so I'm not sure if the stuff I proposed worked.

Yeah I tried doing the R+L+A+UP hundreds of times, but I'll try doing the other advice you requested.

Yeah I tried every thing, its still the same black screen and blue light.

What happens if you delete everything from the SD card or if you insert a card formatted as FAT32?

Not sure if you are still having issues, but from what you said with the blue light fading out it sounds like an exploit was used on it called arm9loaderhax, in which case the system will refuse to boot without that file on the root of the sd card.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/...

If you download this and put the included arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of the sd card, and then after inserting the sd card back into the 3ds try to boot it it should work

I agree with this, this should fix your problem.

thanks for this! i was about to have a funeral for my old xl lmao

Thats a lot saved my day

Thanks so much worked like a charm

u save my day dude¡¡¡¡¡

I'v had the same problem.

I was still getting errors by luma after complete installation.

SO i figured uninstall CFW cause it might causing any problems.

I was on ver. 11.6.0 now i was able to access settings (cause most of the time i get freezes)

game card isnt even working properly also i get error, while when cfw was on it it worked.

I did also a complete system format.

Somehow im stuck on 11.6.0 and my 3ds will not boot automatic configuration screen. (just light up black screens) Sometimes im able to boot trough save recovery mode. last time i did this i was unable to update.. now i'v readen something about primary and secondary dns.. i will try this.. anybody else formiliar with this or can help?

my 3DS isnt a CFW one but it does have this problem..and none of the fixes are helping...sugestion?

I recommend you ask a new question if this hasn't helped. https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/Ask be sure to include: did anything happen (spills, drops, repairs etc.) leading up to the issue? what you tried, and what the issue is. good luck!

If you are still having problems, try in removing the board from system. Attach the board to the battery via the bottom case and try to turn it back on. If the blue flashes and turns off, then you know the board is working and the issue may be one of the ribbon cables or the LCD. If the blue light stays on, then issue with the board

For me this fixed it:

-hold power for 10s until the 3ds turns off

-remove game cartridge (in my case the ace3ds+)

-turn the sound up and press power. If home menu music starts playing and the screen is still black, just close the 3ds and open it back up

I thought I had this problem, just turns out it took my system like...2 minutes to boot to home screen

After following advice of resetting home screen settings (down/B/L/R on boot), my ds is now just stuck on the 'Opening homescreen' loading bar, and has been for the last hour.

Time to bin it? Getting real fed up with these 'fixes'

Do you have CFW? If you do, use GodMode9 to perform a CTRTransfer, should fix it. Just don’t update it ;)

Try using GodMode9 and performing a CTRTransfer. Worked for me.

Well See, everything in my SD card is erased.

Royco Mason will be eternally grateful.