Model Number A1707. Released June 2017, this MacBook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to the 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz.

How to replace this part of screen? MacBook A1707

as u know i broken the logo baffle on my screen

How can I save my screen?

today i found the replace part, just for $6 ,Awesome!

1、I want to know how to fix it ?

2、do i need buy any superglue or something else?

3、do i have to remove my whole screen,or just take this part down and replace it ?

I really appreciate ur help! thanks a lot

That take apart is not for the touch bar machine.

Published on May 15, 2017

How to repair Macbook Pro Retina Touch Bar/ Without Touch A1706, A1707, A1708 by 365laptop repair:

@theelitepro_gd stop posting your guesses. If you don't know an answer or don't research it out, don't post it. Continuing to do so will get you banned from the site as I don't want to have to keep cleaning up after you.

I would start by taking a good look on the side of the new component that needs to be somehow attached to the MacBook, and I would choose my course of action depending on whether there are any clips or whether there is just a flat surface. Flat surface means the old one is somehow glued in place, so I'd need some new glue and a way to get the old one off w/o damaging the screen. Clips would mean extra work and I'd probably try a wrong method and get the screen all scratched up; I would end up getting really !#^&@@. EDIT: how is that a swear word?

@theelitepro_gd @mayer I found there is some way to remove it, without remove whole screen, u have to find a really sharp tweezers or knife to remove that part, the part will arrive in 2 days, i will take a video tell u how to fix this

Heat the old one and use a painting knife to get under it on one side, then heat and slide under the rest of it, being careful not to scratch the screen. You may have to remove the assembly from the MacBook to do this, but on the 12" model you can replace the bottom glass without even opening it, so I assume it's the same.

The new glass has strong adhesive preapplied, you won't need to apply any.

Reese is right. Just take a very thin and sharp blade and run it along the top of the plastic trim piece but do not go very deep. Once you get an end up, heat carefully, even put aluminum foil over keyboard and hinge cover and get the adheasive loose and pull old logo trim off. If your replacement doesn't have double stick tape on it you will need to apply some where the old one did and place it on. After you get it set , lightly heat and press down to seat it all the way.

The voice of experience is always better than reading about it. Thanks Ken.

@mactechplus replaced one for us a couple of weeks ago and hopefully he will chime in here. I'm pretty sure it was a peal and stick, but let's wait for Ken to be positive.

n0vem will be eternally grateful.