Logicboard where the screen connects

Where the screen connects to the logicboard looks a little melted. The phone had water damage but the screen needs to be replaced. So I'm waiting on the part. They old screen seems to still connect

This is the melted part I was talking about.

That sounds like a statement--is there a question here?

The question is has anyone else seen this and did it still work

Connectors don't melt. They get damaged, but not melt. The 6s is highly sensitive to its connector--the pins must be EXACT or they will not make a good connection and the screen with have no image, no backlight, or no touch.

great--then my guess is that you are looking at the normal black silicone coating that covers all the components around the digitizer connector in the 6s and saying "looks melted" A picture of what you mean by "looks melted" will allow us to differentiate for you normal or "melted"

Awesome. I finally got the new screen assembly. The screen assembly came yesterday. Connected it and it is showing a picture. Waiting on the pass code to get into the phone.

If you mean the stuff around the connector, that is the waterproof seal. It is supposed to be there to protect the connectors.

There is nothing melted here. Your backlight filter looks damaged and there is water damage on the board, but the connector is not melted.

I successfully handled the water damage and the phone is working great. I was just nervous about the part in the picture that looks melted

K Helms will be eternally grateful.