My iPhone keeps saying I have no signal or searching

My i phone 6 is saying no service and also searching for signal, it also randomly comes back, also when i bang it a little while resetting it. Im to afraid to do anymore of that and i tried resetting network, taking out sim, hard reboot, and I even got the antenna replaced and still doing the same thing when if i bang it sometimes the signal will come back

I have recently fought this battle with an iphone 6 and suggestions posted above about Baseband helped me repair this issue. Check your settings in General, About...and see if IMEI and Modem are there... Dial *#06# to see if your IMEI displays...If not or if one or both are missing you would need to reball baseband IC and run jumpers on Pads U1 and V1 .

If the information is populates, remove the shield where baseband is located and check the Caps for shorts surrounding it...here was my No Service issue on iPhone 6 looking for help and discovered it was not baseband but related to the circuit(s)

Most Helpful Answer

It's most likely a baseband chip issue, needs to be reballed from bad solder joint. Other than that nothing much else you can do.

Hi Ben, the current consensus in the community is that reflowing doesn't do much, at least not mid to long-term. Some folks have been having success running long jumpers but most micro-solderers are still wary of this repair. Time will tell if a permanent solution is at hand or not.

Isn't reflow different from reball?

Anyway baseband chip isn't really replaceable right?

Hey Ben. Yes, a reflow is different from a reball. I generally don't recommend reflowing IC's on an iPhone logic board. The heat travels too quickly and can cause all kinds of secondary and unwanted issues. If you suspect the IC, then reballing is the better course of action; if you're going to apply heat, at least do it for a good (or better) reason.

The Baseband is serialized so in theory you can't replace it unless you have a special machine to write the serial number.

You might have to replace the signal antenna

sounds like an antenna issue like those above have indicated. Have you tried to RESET NETWORK SETTINGS in the general menu? Put you phone in Airplane Mode and try this. Besides this the only approach left is to try and restore the iOS.

You might also verify your SIM card is seated properly and the tray is flush with the frame. This would also cause your symptoms.

dave will be eternally grateful.