White screen after chime and Apple Logo
Before I begin let me tell you all a little about me, I have mostly work and earned a living as a photographer, and got my first mac a Mac Pro in 2008, which blew me away, and been a big fan ever since. Even-though as of late it has gotten harder to be a firm believer, especially since I continuously find myself on the opposite end of sharing Apples vision, in the past nine years I have learned all I could about Mac's. I have taking online classes, gone to training sessions, and I must say it has paid off in one way or another, until about three weeks ago. Here is my problem...
My Product or What I am working with
2- MacBook Air A1237 1.8GHz, logic boards, one is Brand New
820-2179-C or 661-4644
Additional Items (Two housing or Shells)
- One shell is made for A1237
- The other is made for A1304
What is NEW...
- Both have New LCD
- Both have NEW 80GB ZIF Drive
- The 80GB Hard drives are running Mac OS 10.7
Both units will do the following....
- Show Apple Logo for about 10 seconds
- Show the spin wheel under the Mac Logo (the logo is clear and sharp, no lines or pixelation)
- But Instead of booting into the desktop I am greeted with a WHITE SCREEN
Thinking It might be my LCD (and also this was before I purchased new LCD's) I connected the units to my TV and still got the same result.
Not wanting to deal with it, I turned off the MacBook Air and closed the lid, but I did not unplug the laptops, A minute or two later I hear....
- The chime.
- I see the Apple Logo on my External Monitor.
- And believe it or not My MacBook Air Booted into the desktop.
Thinking my laptop was working and being to lazy to go look for a keyboard and mouse, I opened the lid and as soon as I did .... Kernel Panic.
So now I am stumped, I can work both units fully with the lid closed and my MacBook Air's connected to an external monitor with the only catch being that I need a Keyboard and Mouse.
As for my attempts to repair this issue I have tried everything, I had both boards sent in and had the chipset reexamined but they came back with no issues.
What I want to know is?
- Has anyone else had this problem
- What are some ideas you might have
Any comment could help.
Is this a good question?