Model A1103 / 1.25, 1.33, 1.42, or 1.5 GHz G4 processor

How to get out 2 CDs?

My 1½ year old son just popped in a second CD in the drive - how do I get it out?

Your first hope is to boot up your machine while holding the left mouse button.

If this does not work, your best bet is to remove the optical drive, remove the top case of the optical drive (a few screws will remove the case), and pull the CDs out manually.

Keep us posted!

I have done this several times with good results. Better than fishing around inside the drive with tools that might damage something.

I just remembered actually, I once accidentally jammed a second CD into a stereo, the way I got it out was by taking it apart and removing the drive, so that is a good way to go.

The Mac Mini doesn't have any eject button, so that didn't work. The "two-credit-cards-method" didn't work either, it was already too much stuck in there... I found a YouTube instruction video on how to remove the top case and then the two CDs could be pulled out manually. All well that ends well! (And now I've blocked the opening of the CD-drive with a strip of tape outside, so I don't have to do it all over again...)

If you have decided against your optical drive, you may be interested in replacing it with another hard drive, a lot of people do that now and it's a common setup

You're going to have to remove the DVD drive and take it apart most likely.

Tape may damage the label. Ejecting it by force may ruin the drive, too. In fact, that may not work at all. It will probably stress the drive motor at best.

Here's the guide: Mac mini (PowerPC) Optical Drive Replacement

USe the old double sticky tape trick

N.

That sounds like a good tip, but if there are already two disks in there, is it a good idea to jam in a third?

I highly doubt you'd be able to get a third one in there, to jam it you'd probably have to bang it in with a hammer.

Or try the floppy method.

We had the same issue in our mac mini. I slipped a piece of packing tape into the drive, pressed down with a collar stay (any thin but firm object will work) to adhere the tape to the top disk and, presto, the disc came out super easily!

thank you!!! this works for me!

Sara will be eternally grateful.