Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Slow and freezing after screen replacement

Hi there,

I have replaced a few iPhone screens over my time and until today I have had no problems.

I have changed my screen and now the phone is very slow on start up and then will freeze or respond very slowly when I try do anything on the home screen or try to respond to any pop up notifications, however when I am in the settings menu for example I can do anything with no crashing!

I have erased all content and settings, I have even tried with the old screen again and it does the exact same thing.

Thanks in advance!

If you're trying the original display, and it's still doing it? Then it's your phone. I'm not sure @refectio do the 7/7+ have bleeding caps? If not, like the 6S/6S+ then it's not out of the realm of possibility that you've fried something on the board....still..that almost doesn't really answer why...

callenelbarto will be eternally grateful.