The larger version of Samsung's newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S8+. Released in April 2017.

Is it possible to replace the glass only of an S8 Plus?

I am simply wondering if you can replace just the glass of a Galaxy S8 Plus, or if that is impossible. If it can be done, how does one go about it? I've had the phone for a month and the glass shattered.

It is too hard to do it

If I change the glass of my phone galaxy s8+

How long it will work?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

No. Not possible. The glass is fuzed. Perhaps a professional with all the right equipment could. Even then, the digitizer would probably shatter along with the glass. Check out iFixit's guides and parts for the phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Repair

Yes it is possible. However, the process I've seen demonstrated involves a freezing machine that supercools the adhesive bonding the glass to the LCD/Digitizer and allows them to be separated. The freezing machine costs about $5000 so it's an investment that only makes sense for a refurbisher or established repair shop.

The best choose for most people is replace a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus new screen.

Only replace the glass is very disscult and need many equipment, they are expensive.

You can always try dry ice to freeze the adhesive, I've seen it done with other phones.

Score -1

You can always do the olde BBQ trick. Warm your BBQ Grill preferably a small propane heated just gently then take your phone and put it in a plastic bag sealed, waterproof then dip it in ice water once it's it's in ice water for about 5 minutes grab it from the water and immediately wrap it in aluminum foil, then place on the highest grill rack in the BBQ. Close the lid wait about 3 to 4 minutes insuring there are no active flames just genuinely heat of at least 450 degrees

Ryan, do you then stick it with a fork to see if it is done?

Giana Jinx will be eternally grateful.