The larger version of Samsung's flagship phone, the Galaxy S8+. Released in April 2017.

Is it possible to replace the glass only of an S8 Plus?

I am simply wondering if you can replace just the glass of a Galaxy S8 Plus, or if that is impossible. If it can be done, how does one go about it? I've had the phone for a month and the glass shattered.

It is too hard to do it

If I change the glass of my phone galaxy s8+

How long it will work?

If I replace the display, will I loose the warranty?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

No. Not possible. The glass is fuzed. Perhaps a professional with all the right equipment could. Even then, the digitizer would probably shatter along with the glass. Check out iFixit's guides and parts for the phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Repair

@ktronics no, @pccheese is correct. You need a freezing machine to properly separate the glass from LCD, which is incredibly expensive. This is incredibly difficult as well as when glass is cooled down to such a low temperature it becomes incredibly brittle and delicate. All experienced phone repair stores in my area refused to attempt this, and they will only replace the entire assembly.

It is possible if you have a proper equipment i. e. a nitrogen machine like one below. Then you can make a glass only replacement:

How to separate front glass in Samsung Galaxy S5 using freezing machine

Yes you can its not easy but its heat. And go from top down.trouble is its very hard to do but if your willing to pay that high price to get new lcd whats the harm in trying for yourself. There is always a way never impossible. And you cant get an Iphone off activation lock either. Always a way

Yes it is possible. However, the process I've seen demonstrated involves a freezing machine that supercools the adhesive bonding the glass to the LCD/Digitizer and allows them to be separated. The freezing machine costs about $5000 so it's an investment that only makes sense for a refurbisher or established repair shop.

You can always try dry ice to freeze the adhesive, I've seen it done with other phones.

You can always do the olde BBQ trick. Warm your BBQ Grill preferably a small propane heated just gently then take your phone and put it in a plastic bag sealed, waterproof then dip it in ice water once it's it's in ice water for about 5 minutes grab it from the water and immediately wrap it in aluminum foil, then place on the highest grill rack in the BBQ. Close the lid wait about 3 to 4 minutes insuring there are no active flames just genuinely heat of at least 450 degrees

Ryan, do you then stick it with a fork to see if it is done?

Ryan, so should we use Mid-West or East-Coast style BBQ sauce for this?

Ryan, where did you learn this trick :D>?

Bro don't post such tricks. Someone can damage his device permanently.

The best choose for most people is replace a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus new screen.

Only replace the glass is very disscult and need many equipment, they are expensive.

Giana Jinx will be eternally grateful.