The larger version of Samsung's newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S8+. Released in April 2017.

Is it possible to replace the glass only of an S8 Plus?

I am simply wondering if you can replace just the glass of a Galaxy S8 Plus, or if that is impossible. If it can be done, how does one go about it? I've had the phone for a month and the glass shattered.

It is too hard to do it

Most Helpful Answer

No. Not possible. The glass is fuzed. Perhaps a professional with all the right equipment could. Even then, the digitizer would probably shatter along with the glass. Check out iFixit's guides and parts for the phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Repair

Yes it is possible. However, the process I've seen demonstrated involves a freezing machine that supercools the adhesive bonding the glass to the LCD/Digitizer and allows them to be separated. The freezing machine costs about $5000 so it's an investment that only makes sense for a refurbisher or established repair shop.

Giana Jinx will be eternally grateful.