A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

PS4 Disc Drive spring

Hey everyone,

So my PS4 wouldnt read any of my discs or eject them. After taking out my disc drive I noticed a lose spring located on the bottom left next to the white gears. The rollers and white connector were all connected so it leaves me to believe this spring is the culprit. However I cannot find out where or how to place this spring attached is a picture of it and its original lose position I found it in. Thank you for your help!

image of its original location

Spring not working

V/r

Rob

Found out where and how this spring works with help of Steve at Tronicsfix. You want the downward bent hook part to the right and it goes above the left roller about a 1/3 inward. Attached are some videos and pictures to help, shot vertically, as per Tom Chai. Thanks to Steve for helping me finding the location of this spring.

This is a picture of the spring placed correctly, however it is not fully inserted

Most Helpful Answer

Please properly focus your photo and please don't shoot vertical video, it's a disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfin...

As for the spring, I'll have to take apart one to check for sure.

Thanks for your help. Yea I know I had commited the ultimate sin with the vertical video.

Haven't got time to actually take mine apart but that spring is placed around the middle of the left roller laterally. This video should show where it is.https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...

rob will be eternally grateful.