The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

My right joystick is slightly moving up

I've recently bought this used controller, everything else but my right analog stick is fine.It must've been dropped that the stick has to be pulled up if pressed down. While it's stuck down my game is slightly moving up (Example: while the thumbstick is stuck in place, as I'm playing a first-person shooter, the character starts to look up.) Anyone know if I either have to change the thumbstick or there's something inside that's broken?

Every controller stick has what's called a "dead zone" and that's the area that the controllers position is registered as 0, or no movement.

Over time and with use, the sticks idle position will drift out of the dead zone, an indicator of this is if it seems loose and moves easily, and will seem to move position on it's own because the hardware detects the stick is out of the dead zone.

There are all kinds of novel solutions, like super gluing elastic bands to the inside to counter the drift and hitting them straight down with a hammer... I don't recommend.

Unfortunately, the only real solution is to replace the stick and it's board level hardware, you'll need a soldering iron.

Fortunately, they're quite cheap I couldn't recommend this particular product because I've never bought one myself, and I reckon you could shop around and get a bargain somewhere.

This is a common issue with the joysticks on the controllers. Over time and from use there is a little clip in there that wears down and you start to get stick drift. I have it on 2 different ones, only both are in the left stick for me. Always upwards though.

There are some supposed ways to try to fix this posted online, but none of them fixed mine (anything from pressing hard and moving in full circles to alcohol & cotton swabs to remove oils & dirt - none of which solve the underlying problem).

You can try to take the controller apart with a T-8 bit and spudger and see if anything is broken, but it may or may not be something you want ot get into.

you can check to see if this works. im going to try it tonight with my controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEjjFJI...

Booce Biggings will be eternally grateful.