Model A1419 / EMC 2806 & EMC 2834/ Late 2014 or Early 2015 or late 2015 / 3.3 or 3.5 GHz Core i5 or 4.0 GHz Core i7 Processor / Retina 5K display

M.2 SSD Installation iMac 27 "5K Retina

Hey,

Is it possible to install Samsung 250GB 960 EVO SSD, M.2, NVMe, 3200/1500 MB / s Apple iMac 27 "Retina 5K, late 2014?

Thank you!

They just don't seem to work very well even with the adapters. I would stay with either an original Apple stick (high dollar) or go with an OWC stick (I don't think they make one yet for this model as they only list these upgrades https://eshop.macsales.com/upgrades/imac...).

It's also very difficult to install: iMac Intel 27" Retina 5K Display SSD Replacement

Personally I'd add just a standard SSD drive like this: How to Add An SSD To The 27" iMac (Late 2015)

iMac Intel 27" Retina 5k Display SSD Image

Guide

How to Add An SSD To The 27" iMac (Late 2015)

Difficulty: Moderate30 minutes - 1 hour

Hey,

thanks for the answer. What kind of SSD do you recommend to iMac, which would be quick and easy to change?

See the last link I gave. As to which drive, it's kind of according to how much storage you need, how readable it needs to be and if you plan on setting up a fusion drive. The fusion drive would be my choice.

Thanks for the answer. I have a 1TB Fusion Drive on the Mac but it's very slow? Can Fusion Drive and SSD Partition Separate?

First get a handle on how a fusion drive works: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-app...

Thanks for the information. I read the article. Say your opinion on whether it makes sense to switch to Fusion Drive -> SSD?

Is it possible to distinguish Fusion Drive from SSD, partition etc ..?

Thank you mayer!

Riku will be eternally grateful.