The Asus ROG Strix GL702VM-BHI7N09 is a gaming computer released by Asus in January 2017. It can be identified by the serial number on the bottom of the keyboard.

Why is the computer running slower each time I use it?

Each time I start up the computer again, it feels like it runs slower than the last time I used it. I already tried updating the software, but that didn't fix the problem.

Sometimes the computer can run slower when there are unnecessary apps that run in the background when you start it up. If you've already tried updating your software, I would recommend downloading and running a spyware program. This will help if you have a virus that is causing your computer to slow down. If this doesn't help, feel free to check out the troubleshooting guide here.

Most Helpful Answer

When computers slow down its usually from spyware or malware Run a trusted anti spyware program like "Spybot search and destroy" or Malwarebytes

Hope this helps

On a Mac i would do a "Force Quit" to close programs running in the background. But I don't do Windows, so I really don't know if this can be done on a PC.

@nikob997 , download ccleaner from piriform.com -- it should clean out gunk buildup.

@mayer, the quickest way on a Mac is to boot in to Safe mode and reboot out of it. This flushes stale cache, frees sometimes up to 3gb, and rebuilds cache.

@avanteguarde Well this question is not about a Mac. Also rebooting is not quick and doing a force quit actually tells you what is running in the back ground] so you can get rid of unwanted programs starting up in the background. Some can be found in System preferences > Users > log in BUT as I stated this is on a Mac and the OP asked about a PC!

@mayer ,

On a PC you can open Task Manager to see what applications and services are running.

With services you can see which ones are utilizing most of the resources e.g. CPU time, memory etc.

You have to be careful when closing services as you have to know their function. They might be system services and turning them off could mean that the PC stops responding. Fortunately you are usually 'asked' if you are sure that you want to do this so you get another chance to stop doing it if you aren't sure.

Another check is to open Task manager and view Startup tab. This lists all the applications that are started when the PC first boots up. A lot of programs install auto update applications in Startup so that it slows the PC as they are all trying to check for updates. I usually disable them and do manual update checks on the programs but can appreciate that most people prefer the auto update feature of programs as it is less to have to think about. ;-)

I find that using IOBIT's Advance System Care (Free version http://www.iobit.com/en/index.php ) fixes the problem and helps keep it clean, as well as it has a very great device driver updater, un-installer and, malware protection too. If you decide to buy it, it's currently on sale, I use the Pro-Version.

@jwmurphy I will take a look at it when I have the chance. Interesting looking Mac software. Thanks!

After updating software you still not able to solve your computer running slow issues, then go for below methods:

1. Reboot - If your computer has not been rebooted recently, make sure to reboot.

2. Background programs - One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Remove or disable any startup programs that automatically start each time the computer boots.

3. Delete temp files - As a computer runs programs, temporary files are stored on the hard drive. Deleting these temp files can help improve computer performance.

4. Free hard drive space - Verify that there is at least 200-500MB of free hard drive space. This available space allows the computer to have room for the swap file to increase in size, as well as room for temporary files.

5. Scan for malware - Today, spyware and other malware is a big cause of many computer problems, including a slow computer. Even if an antivirus scanner is installed on the computer, we recommend running a malware scan on the computer.

Maybe the files on your C disk is full or with too many files, you can remove some of them to your other disk.

Niko Banks will be eternally grateful.