MacBook Pro

Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

My mouse pad doesn't work

I can move mouse cursor but clicking by mouse pad is not working.

I'm a little confused as to what the problem is. Could you try being a little more specific? Is the button at the bottom of your track pad not working? When did it stop working? Is this a Mac book pro that has a separate button, or is it all just one piece?

by Nat Welch

I have the same one and mine isnt working either.

by gaby

I have a Macbook pro 17in and my mouse moves around on the screen, but does nothing when clicking or selecting an item. I checked to see if the battery was swollen, and it is not. I believe I need to replace the trackpad, but I'd like to make sure before doing so.

by Julian Valencia

Julian Valencia- For future reference you posted a Question in the place where only Answers belong. Please use the add comment link to the O.Q. or start your own Question.

by machead3

Have you checked your battery? I had the same problem with mouse pad not working and an Apple technician took a look at it and it was the battery had swollen up so it had pressure on the top. Apple gave me a new battery and the mouse pad works like a charm.

I had replaced my hard drive using directions from ifixit (thanks!). The key point is that the metal piece around the battery compartment was not quite in place right. When I put the battery back in I found that the mouse clicker no longer worked. I discovered it was the battery pressing on the button because the surrounding piece that held it in place was slightly off. Remove, reinstall fully in line and mouse issue solved. :)

Press the ribbon cable under the battery UP against the keyboard.

Have you had the keyboard off? If so you may have moved/broken/disconnected the little cable that goes to the switch.

Good Luck,

N.

Jorma Tapio will be eternally grateful.