Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Is my iPhone still "waterproof" with a cracked screen

I recently dropped my iPhone 7 plus and wondered about getting a repair depending on wether it was still "waterproof".

That entirely depends on how big the crack is. Most of the time , if it is small cracks near the middle, you'll be okay. If it is spider web cracked on the screen, it is going to be compromised. Water proofing is around the edges of the screen using adhesive, if the actual screen has cracks, water can penetrate into the internals of your device. Apple does cheap replacements for these devices. iFixit also has great replacement parts. You could also just add some clear tape of the screen if you don't want to spend that much money.

You do realize it is common sense when something cracks, it leaks right?

• == no ==

As your screen is cracked. Now if air can pass through it then water can also enter inside the iphone. If only hair crack then your iphone will be waterproof.

I recently dropped my iPhone 7 and the entire screen cracked but still working properly and also down the right corner of the phone along the white line created a small hole. Can the phone still put under water ?

if you screen got broken inner, it will not waterproof. So you need go to a repair shop and fix your screen.

since you are wondering after change a new screen will still waterproof, i think yes.

for mostly screen repair, they will put a new iphone 7 plus waterproof sticker, so that your iphone will still "waterproof" . Maybe you can call a nearby repair shop and confirm with them.

Score -1

@jimuxizi at first I thought your answers were okay but then I checked your links. Amazingly enough they all lead to the same seller. Sorry, but you are definitely spamming.

James grigg will be eternally grateful.