Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

Is my iPhone still "waterproof" with a cracked screen

I recently dropped my iPhone 7 plus and wondered about getting a repair depending on wether it was still "waterproof".

That entirely depends on how big the crack is. Most of the time , if it is small cracks near the middle, you'll be okay. If it is spider web cracked on the screen, it is going to be compromised. Water proofing is around the edges of the screen using adhesive, if the actual screen has cracks, water can penetrate into the internals of your device. Apple does cheap replacements for these devices. iFixit also has great replacement parts. You could also just add some clear tape of the screen if you don't want to spend that much money.

You do realize it is common sense when something cracks, it leaks right?

Yeah but it depends on the severity and some of us didn’t know if the inside was separately waterproof. Also if you found this thread than you had the same problem.

Way to be an ass. Here’s something. Ever have the windshield in your car crack! Did water just start pouring in? In fact, did you notice ANY water leaking in? I’m betting not (I’ve had my fair share of cracked windshields and have NEVER had one leak). So, it’s a fair and legitimate question. Nobody needs your snarky responses.

And they’ll thank you for giving them confidence then take their phones swimming, get their phone flooded and thank you again for helping them getting new phones.

You don’t know how cracked their phones are, what their usage scenarios are, and randomly compares this to car windscreens, good idea.

What about by the home button but not on the screen

&&^& you i thought maybe the &&^&^$ internals are waterproof given there’s no insurance for water damage available go &&^& yaself fat $&!*

• == no ==

As your screen is cracked. Now if air can pass through it then water can also enter inside the iphone. If only hair crack then your iphone will be waterproof.

I recently dropped my iPhone 7 and the entire screen cracked but still working properly and also down the right corner of the phone along the white line created a small hole. Can the phone still put under water ?

if there is no shatter points the it should function under water. As for the hole it entirety depends on how deep it is. If it is a small chip then it’ll be fine but if it is a hole and you can see the computer inside of it then it will not be water proof.

i broke my phone screen and i gota repair but acheaper one is it still waterproof

?

if you screen got broken inner, it will not waterproof. So you need go to a repair shop and fix your screen.

since you are wondering after change a new screen will still waterproof, i think yes.

for mostly screen repair, they will put a new iphone 7 plus waterproof sticker, so that your iphone will still "waterproof" . Maybe you can call a nearby repair shop and confirm with them.

Score -2

@jimuxizi at first I thought your answers were okay but then I checked your links. Amazingly enough they all lead to the same seller. Sorry, but you are definitely spamming.

James grigg will be eternally grateful.