Front microphone replacement part

I went to the Apple store and the genius said that to replace the front mic I need to replace the display. Is that true or do I replace the front camera proximity sensor cable?

I thought that the genius at the Apple store wasn't such a genius. Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately the genius Bar are really people that are salesmen in disguise. They usually try to push you for a replacement product or to buy a new product by charging rediculously high prices.

And the ironic part about geniuses is they are the other way around sometimes they come up with cause of fault that isn't true.

You need the front camera proximity cable, it is part of the screen but is modular and can be replaced without replacing the screen. Here's the part: iPhone 5s/SE Front Camera and Sensor Cable

iPhone 5s/SE Front Camera and Sensor Cable Image

where can you get it?

jack lieberman will be eternally grateful.