Parts & Tools

SodaStream Source is a new way to create soda in the comfort of your own home that allows you to personalize your beverage and make only the drinks you want, avoiding all the extra bottles.

Why do I hear a hissing noise coming from my SodaStream?

Whenever I try to use my sodastream, I hear a hissing noise coming from the machine.

Student question.

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

Most Helpful Answer

If you are hearing a hissing noise it could be your carbonation canister is loose. To fix this problem, ensure that the carbonation canister is secure. Please be aware that recent carbonation bottles have been recalled due to bursting under pressure.

How about a link to the recall?

Sodastream has a pressure relief valve. So see where the sound is coming from. Its normal for gas to come out of this valve. Make sure its not your co2 cylinder or co2 hose leaking. You can easily check it by taking the covers off.

..I was anticipating the next steps in taking covers off ... but that could be in the step by steps they have on this site for such replacement parts, etc..?

Thanks for the clarification, it helped with my Fizzi model.

Hailey Smith will be eternally grateful.